We welcome you to join the Ascension Hospitality Ministry! You can complete and submit our Ministry and Missions Interest Form and we will be glad to contact you. For additional information, you can also call the office at 561-997-5486.
Our Hospitality Ministry includes Inside and Outside Greeters and members of our Parking Ministry . (Please note, due to COVID-19 restrictions we are not operating our Holy Grounds Cafe or Information Booth). Scroll below for a brief description of each Hospitality Minister.
Hospitality Ministry of Ascension is committed to
Loving God, Loving Others and Making Disciples.
We grow our own discipleship and help others grow in discipleship by creating a consistent environment at every Mass that reflect the following elements:
- A humble environment where Greeters understand that they are sinners in service of other sinners,
- A respectful environment that honors people and their relationship with Jesus,
- A welcoming environment where both Greeters and members of the congregation experience a genuine sense of warmth and belonging,
- An inviting environment that encourages people to participate in the Eucharist as well as participate in the Ministry
- An environment where commitment to serving is valued and frequent presence on Sunday is expected,
- An environment that respects the needs of the congregation to be served in a timely and organized manner,
- A prayerful environment where team members are joined in prayer on Sunday and throughout the week.
The extent to which the members of our congregation experience each of these elements on a consistent basis every Weekend at every Mass will determine the success of the Greeters Ministry in growing discipleship.
Ascension Church invites parishioners to assist during Mass as Greeters. Duties include selecting parishioners to participate in the presentation of the gifts, taking up the Offertory collection, directing the congregation during the distribution of Holy Communion and distributing the weekly bulletin after Mass. Greeters should arrive 15 minutes prior to the beginning of Mass to make sure all the necessary preparations have been made. Appropriate dress and adherence to the schedule are also important. Training sessions are available throughout the year. We are especially in need of ushers at all Sunday morning Masses. If you are interested in joining this ministry, please call the parish office at 561-997-5486 for more information.
Members of our Parking Ministry assist in the orderly movement of vehicles on the property during high volume times of the year.
Holy Grounds Cafe
(Please note, we are not operating the Holy Grounds Cafe due to COVID-19 restrictions.)
We welcome our parishioners and guests to join us in the Holy Grounds Cafe after the weekend Masses. We are serving a variety of coffees and delicious pastries. New volunteers to assist in the cafe are always welcome! For more information, please call the parish office at 561-997-5486.
(Please note, our Information Booth is not available due to COVID-19 restrictions. Please call the parish office at 561-997-5486 for assistance).
Our Information Booth is open after all weekend Masses. We have a location in the Family Center and outside the south entrance to the church. You can schedule Mass Intentions and sign up for upcoming events. If you are new to Ascension, you can register in the parish and learn about a variety of ways you can become more active in parish life. We look forward to seeing you!