Ascension Church is open for Mass. We ask that you review the material below before attending and we look forward to seeing you!
Daily Services (August Schedule)-Mass at 9:00 am Monday through Friday. Communion Service at 9:00 am on Saturday.
Weekend Masses-Saturday: 4:30 pm, Sunday: 8:00, 10:00 am and 12 noon. We continue to livestream the 4:30 Vigil and 10:00 Sunday morning Mass. It is available on FaceBook or YouTube to view live or after the conclusion of Mass.
You can view the video below for a demonstration of our required protocols.
Be Healthy – Stay Healthy
DO NOT come to church if you are feeling ill, have had a fever recently or have compromising health issues. You can continue to meet your Sunday obligation by staying home and watching the Ascension livestream Mass.
Every other pew in the church will be roped off. Individuals must maintain a distance of 6 feet apart within the pew. Greeters will assist you in finding a seat that will maintain the necessary physical distance. The examples below demonstrate how parishioners will be seated according to pew size and number of people (single person, couple or family).
Medium Size Pews
Large Size Pews
The Family Center is also available for seating. This is a comfortable option for those who may not be ready to return to Mass in the church. Chairs are set up to provide the maximum physical distance. Mass will be livestreamed on the big screen. During the Liturgy of the Eucharist, an EMHC will bring communion over to the Family Center for you. If you would prefer this option, please let an outside greeter know and they will be glad to assist you in selecting a seat in the Family Center.
All parishioners will be required to provide their own face masks. They must be worn at all times throughout Mass except during the reception of Holy Communion.
Maintaining a Clean Environment
- Greeters will be stationed at entrances to open the doors for you.
- Hand sanitizing stations will be available inside the church.
- All books, hymnals and envelopes will be removed from the pews; all bulletins, prayer books, newspapers, etc. will be removed from church entrances.
- The church, Family Center and bathrooms will be sanitized after each Mass by our maintenance staff.
Reception of Holy Communion
- There will be 4 locations to receive Holy Communion; a table with hand sanitizer for those distributing and receiving Holy Communion will be available at each station.
- Parishioners will proceed in a SINGLE FILE line to the closest station; there will be markers on the floor assisting parishioners in maintaining the proper social distancing. Our inside greeters will also assist in providing direction to maintain the proper physical distance during the distribution of communion.
- Holy Communion may be received ONLY IN THE HAND.
- An EMHC will bring Holy Communion to parishioners who are watching the livestream in the Family Center.
Greetings/Sign of Peace
Parishioners are to avoid all physical contact with others (e.g. shaking hands) during the opening greeting, sign of peace and recitation of the Our Father. As in all public places, care must be taken to be avoid touching your face at all times.
- There will be no Offertory procession during Mass.
- There will be no passing of the basket during the Offertory. Parishioners can drop their offering in special collection boxes located at the West, North and South entrances to the church. This can be done before or after Mass – please make sure to maintain a 6 foot physical distance from other parishioners at all times.
- We encourage parishioners to review alternate forms of weekly giving.
Parishioners will exit the church row-by-row in an orderly manner. We request that you remain seated until a staff member dismisses your row.
There is to be no congregating anywhere inside the church. If you wish to speak to other parishioners after Mass, please meet outside while maintaining the proper physical distance from each other.