This committee reviews the financial planning and needs of the parish. We meet regularly throughout the year to develop and monitor our yearly budget. In addition, we look at the long term needs of the parish and determine which strategies can be used to achieve our goals.
The Finance Council has also played an advisory role in many of the recent improvements made possible through our special Parish Improvement Projects fundraising. In conjunction with the fundraising committee, the Ascension Council of Catholic Women, the Men’s Club and the Knights of Columbus, many projects have been accomplished. The financing of these improvements came from donations specifically designated for parish improvement projects and not from offertory collections or general operating funds. The list below describes many of the latest improvements:
- Improved the lighting in the kitchen and the family center with high hats, dimmers and track lighting;
- Ran new wiring where necessary;
- Improved our kitchen facilities;
- Installed cabinets for our ministries and the CCD office;
- Purchased crucifixes, bulletin boards, small tables and chairs and miscellaneous items for the CCD classrooms;
- Purchased a projector for the Family Center;
- Renovated the Gift Shop;
- Built a new storage room;
- Installed mini split air conditioning units in the large classroom;
- Supplied new tables and chairs for the Family Center;
- Replaced three air conditioners in the rectory.
Thanks to everyone who has supported our Parish Improvement Project fundraisers. With your help and generosity, all of these needed improvements were made possible!